BIGBANG IS BACK TONIGHT

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Better Times

Goodbye and good riddance to be honest. March was downright horrible to a certain extent. Terrible, terrible things happened and I could do was stand and watch.

Not for the first time, I felt it. That feeling of being utterly useless when the situation calls for it and you're forced to make a decision when you haven't even stood up straight yet.

I know. Everything happens for a reason yes? Nichkhun mentions it twice in Without You. But, sometimes I wonder, for what goddamned reason, what greater good were these people sacrificed just like that without a warning? Like a sudden flash of lightning, it's presence so quick and fleeting, they're gone.

Maybe it's because I'm just not mature enough to understand.

Or maybe it's just because I have no idea how to come to grips with everything that just came crashing down like that.

I'm not weak. At least I believe so. But this was just too much. I've cried so much this month it's insane.

They say that the journey is the best part of life. I'll learn to savour said journey one day. But that day will not be today. Maybe it'll be tomorrow? When I have a sudden spark of inspiration or insight that clears my mind, like an epiphany. I highly doubt it though.

Till that day comes though, I will try to live life to the fullest. The chain of events that invaded my psych recently has at least taught me that.

You can only live life once not listening to anyone for no reason.

So my rant comes to an end for now. It'll be back though, sure enough it will.

And here comes my little dedication to the bravest person I sadly never had the pleasure to meet in real life. He brought an entire school together, no, he brought an entire nation together, if I dare say. He was a warrior, a fighter, a friend, a brother, a son and now an inspiration to many of us out there.

Though he'll never see this, thank you. Thank you so much. You opened our eyes just a little wider, opened our hearts just a little bigger. You taught us to never give up, to fall down and cry but to never stop getting back up on our feet.

I never knew you, I only found out about your condition two days ago when your most amazing friends led a valiant effort to let the world know about you. I was there. I saw it happen and it was...just stunning.

To Siow E Kent, to the battle that he fought so bravely without even flinching once.

You've done great. Don't worry about your friends too much, they'll live well for you. It's your turn to take a rest now. Your presence on this earth, the places you've set your foot on, though was way too short has left an impact and engraved itself into our memories and hearts.

Rest in peace, Siow E Kent. We will always remember you.

In loving memory of Siow E Kent. Sixteen. 30th March 2011.

No comments: