BIGBANG IS BACK TONIGHT

Monday, February 21, 2011

Have You Ever Fallen In Love?

I've recently fallen in love with an indie band. Okay so it's a kpop-indie band. Actually, I wouldn't even call them kpop, just for the simple fact that they belong to a whole new other category altogether.

So yeah, I've fallen in love with a korean indie band.

Said indie band is called StandingEGG.

I don't really understand how they operate because they have like two different groups of people running the band. Group 1 would be the behind-the-scenes one I suppose? Since they're only known as Egg 1, Egg 2, and Egg 3. Mysterious, I know. Egg 1 is in charge of composing. Egg 2 is also in charge of composing and vocals while Egg 3 is in charge of writing.

Then there's the other group, Group 2, aka the group where you actually know who they are. Clover, vocals and guitar. Han Kyul, double bass and Hana, djembe. This group is the live session team.

So yeah, I don't really get it. But that's not the main point.

The main point is they make absolutely, fabulously amazing music. I am not kidding.

If you're biased towards kpop. Like you hate it or whatever, please, push that prejudice aside and hear them out, because the music that they make, is seriously too good not to be shared and heard by everyone in the world.

I seriously think so. Their songs have been on replay for around 4 days now. 4 days is quite a long time to listen to the same songs over and over you know.

"Lalala" is their debut single. It features a cute little animated video which a fan actually made for them. It's upbeat, it makes you feel happy. Can't go wrong right?

Then came the Clover Project, which is how I like to call it.

He has 2 songs but I prefer 붉은 달 feat. Sohi which loosely translates to Red Month
I'm so in love with his voice you don't even know, it's like...as smooth as chocolate. I kid you not. CHOCOLATE (Y)

After some time, they release their first full length studio album, titled With.

Two songs which I really really like apart from the main title songs. Those two are...

Hide and Seek. Which makes you feel like you're sipping wine in some extremely high-class place. Also it has this amazing way of pulling you in with it's I quote, snazzy jazzy vibes.

And

First Christmas. Imagine this, a fireplace, a warm blanket, two cups of hot chocolate. Pure white snow falling silently and serenely, undisturbed by anything in the world, covering the entire ground in a beautiful layer of white. And of course there's you and your lady/man. That's what it's like, and I don't even understand a word of what he's saying.

And finally, their latest release, which is also the song that got me hooked and went looking for more.

Have You Ever Fallen In Love? The colours. The setting. The mere simplicity of it.

They have covers as well! All done by Clover.
My personal favourite :)

And the best part is, they upload EVERYTHING onto their Youtube page. All the songs, all the videos. You can watch and listen to them there! It's not only the ones that I have posted up which are amazing but almost everything is special in it's own way :D


So what are you waiting for? Go on! Try them out!

UPDATE

Just moments ago...I talked to him.


And...he followed me.

Dies. From. Heart. Attack.

No comments: